Happy Lunar New Year from the Cold Press Index team. During this festive season of red packets and celebration of family and Chinese tradition – wanted to address the concept of money.
Why are Cold Pressed Juices so darn expensive?
Our cheapest item on the menu would be Sweet Beets (R1) - $8.50. Let’s break down the cost structure:
Let’s dig deeper into each individual line item:
1. An example of the fruits/veggies at Cold Press Index – We take sourcing very seriously - we only procure the absolute best
Our hunt for top grade ingredients has a certain cost requirement.
At Cold Storage, you would find a kilogram of Australia Celery selling for $4.5 while at Sheng Siong you would find China Celery selling for S$2.7 (40% cheaper!).
2. Plastic bottles/stickers: Wholesale strategy
3. Labor: Incredibly tough given Singapore’s blue-collar crunch
4. Rent: Absolutely insane landlords
5. Depreciation: Initial upfront cost can range from 50-150k per store
6. Excess Inven